Ristenza® is a patented, innovative approach for reducing Premature Ejaculation (PE). Ristenza® employs a proprietary multi-drug approach to provide effective relief for PE. Ristenza® comes in capsule form and is taken 1-2 hours prior to sexual activity.
Ristenza® is based on a therapeutic strategy of pinpoint modulation of synaptic receptors directly associated with the ejaculatory process in order to enhance control of ejaculation.
Ristenza® is a compounded medicine that contains FDA approved active ingredients.
Each of the ingredients in Ristenza® has a long history of broad-based use, safety and effectiveness for their primary indications. Their use in combination form as Ristenza® is relatively new.
Preliminary studies have shown that Ristenza® is effective for most men in increasing their control over when they ejaculate.
SOME OF THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF RISTENZA® OR ITS INGREDIENTS
- Gastro-intestinal disturbances
- Dry mouth
- Skin flushing
- Prolonged erection
- Nasal congestion
- Abnormal or blurred vision
- Abnormal hearing
- Decreased memory
A rare but possible serious side effect of using Ristenza® is Serotonin Syndrome. This is a constellation of symptoms, including fever, high blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat. This can be life threatening.
Men who experience any of the following symptoms should discontinue the use of Ristenza® and advise their physician immediately: fast heartbeat, redness, swelling and/or itchiness of the face, numbness or tingling of the hands and/or feet, difficulty breathing, changes in urination or seizures.
Most men can safely use Ristenza®. However, there are some men who should not use Ristenza®.
Men who use Ristenza® should not consume more than one alcoholic beverage within 6 hours of taking Ristenza®.
Men who are taking any of the following medications should consult a healthcare provider before using Ristenza®:
Carbamazepine, quinidine, cimetidine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, such as fluoxetine and paroxetine, tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline and nortriptyline, MAO inhibitors, venlafaxine, digoxin, warfarin, narcotics, cocaine, tranquilizers, sedatives, opioids, CNS depressants, herbal supplements, such as St. John’s Wart, and nitrates.
As Ristenza® may cause drowsiness, this medication needs to be used with caution if you are intending to drive, operate machinery or perform other hazardous activities.
MEN WHO SHOULD NOT USE RISTENZA®
- Men with heart or cardiac problems
- Men with mental disorder
- Men with anxiety disorder
- Men with abdominal pain or disorders
- Men with Liver or Kidney disease
- Men with visual problems or disease
- Men who have had a heart attack or stroke
- Men with a history of arrhythmia
- Men with chest pain or angina
- Men with clinical depression
- Men with seizure disorder or epilepsy
- Men who have cancer
- Men who have or who have had an opioid dependence
- Men who use any herbal supplements
- Men who have AIDS
- Men with increased intracranial pressure
- Men with a history of head trauma
- Men who have or who have had an alcohol problem
- Men who use recreational drugs
- Men who have had back surgery
- Men who have or who have had chronic pain